The Sgraffito Collection is inspired by the process of Sgraffito and hand drawn geometric repetitive patterns. Sgraffito is a form of decoration made by scratching through a surface of slip to reveal a lower layer of ceramic.
The patterns are inspired by traditional lines, shapes and mark making. The colours i have chosen have been taken from nature, Pink Sunset 'Sky', Blue 'Sea', Lime 'Leaf' and Orange 'Sand'.
I hand drew and designed the patterns then put the design onto Bone China Mugs in my studio in Bristol. I then adapted the design for Placemats and coasters.
The lovely light and fresh feel collection consists of Bone China Mugs, Coasters and Placemats
Sold individually. More than one can be bought by adjusting the quantity
- The hardboard in the middle is FSC certified, sustainable sourced Eucalyptus board.
- The are 100% made in the UK
- They can be used as serving mats for hot dishes as they take heats up to 140 degrees
- They are great children’s tablemats, providing that extra bit of protection for your table from the mucky pups!
- Their use is not limited to table mats, they can be used as display/cheese board serving mats - they can even be used as mouse pads!
©Rolfe And Wills 2019
Sgraffito Blue Sea Placemat
- 242 x 191 x 3.2